On the 18th of May 2021, the new Yamaha YZF-R7 made its world debut. The pictures of the middleweight faired sports motorcycle have been leaked on the internet ahead of its global unveiling. The Yamaha R7 will be introduced in 2022 as a replacement for the Yamaha R6, which was phased out globally in November 2020.
- The 2022 Yamaha YZF-R7 looks sportier and sharper than the R6 thanks to its iconic blue color scheme.
- The leaked photos reveal sporty design features that appear to be inspired by Yamaha’s R-series super sport bikes.
- The bike has a single-pod LED headlamp and twin LED DRLs upfront. The updated Yamaha R7 has a larger and higher windscreen than the R6.
- The central ram-air intake and fairing-mounted mirrors are also visible. On the side fairing, there are ‘R7′ monikers.
- Its aerodynamic construction is further enhanced by the sculpted fuel tank and upright tail section.
- Split seats, LED taillights, and a tapered rear end is only a few of the style highlights.
- The photos confirm that the front and rear axles of the 2022 Yamaha R7 are equipped with USD forks and mono-shock suspension, respectively.
- The bike has a single disc brake in the back and dual disc brakes in the front. ABS (anti-lock braking system) with dual channels will be standard.
- The current Yamaha R7’s engine specifications are still being kept under wraps. The bike is expected to have a 689cc parallel-twin engine similar to the Yamaha MT-07 streetfighter. The motor produces 72.4bhp at 8,750rpm and 67Nm of torque at 6,500rpm, according to the manufacturer. A 6-speed transmission will be available.
- The platform for the 2022 Yamaha R7 will be derived from its naked streetfighter sibling.
In a few days, the official specifications of the new Yamaha YZF-R7 will be announced.