There has been a lot of talking about Volkswagen introducing the very new sub-compact SUV. The all-new model is called the T-sport, the all-new VW coupe-styled SUV is all set to make its debut in the country in 2020.
Volkswagen’s T sport comes under the category of small SUV’s will be launched with a profile similar to coupe-like, which makes the model way too different from the competitors.
Volkswagen T-Sport’s Design:
As per sources, the design of the Volkswagen’s T-sport will be very similar to that of Polo’s. The model will come up with extra added features such as:
1. Premium Wheelbase: T-sport will come up with a wheelbase of 2.56 meter which will be very similar to that of Polo’s wheelbase. The car will have a 16-inch wheel to ride on with a total of 205/60 tires, and 17-inch wheels shod with 205/55 section tyres.
2. The total length of the SUV is estimated to be 4.15 meters in length and close to 1.55m in height.
3. The small SUV will offer a wide boot space of 3around 300-litres.
4. The exteriors of the car model will be elite and luxurious. The cabin of the car while having a similar look with the cabin of Polo.
5. The SUV will come with solid stability and control.
6. T-sport will be offering 4 airbags for security.
Volkswagen T-Sport’s price:
The price of Volkswagen T-Sport’s is estimated to be costing between Rs 6 Lakhs to 8 Lakhs. (introductory, ex-showroom India).
The lowest model costing for about 6 Lakhs and the highest model which will be offering various features will be costing for about 8 Lakhs on road. However, the price depends on the state and the type of model.
Volkswagen T-Sport’s Launch Date:
Although Volkswagen has not yet released an official date as per speculations, the car will be launching in India by 2021 in May.
Volkswagen T-Sport’s Engine:
Volkswagen will be offering different engine variants according to the model, such as:
A. The range-topping models will be powered with a 1.0-litre 3-cylinder TSI petrol engine that produces 128bhp and 200Nm of torque. The car will also be mated with a six-speed dual-clutch automatic transmission.
B. The entry-level models will come up with the same engine of 1.0 litre which will be slightly less powerful. It will offer116bhp of power and 172Nm of torque. It will only be available with a 6-speed manual gearbox.