To protect any further environmental degradation, the government is taking stringent measures which include imposition of BS6 emission norms by the year 2020. Concerning this, Maruti Suzuki is planning to bring back the BS6 compliant 1.5 litre diesel engine in its bigger models. The cars can hit the market in 2021.
Following Maruti Suzuki cars can get the BS6 compliant version of 1.5 litre diesel engine:
- Maruti Suzuki XL6: It can be considered as a more upmarket MPV cross over. The front fascia gets more stylish and the captain chairs make middle row more comfortable.
- Maruti Suzuki S-Cross: It was recently noticed on the roads, being tested with a 1.5 litre BS6 variant engine. The 1.3 litre engine will not get the BS6 update.
- Maruti Suzuki Ciaz: Being the most affordable sedan, it will not be a bad idea to update its BS4 compliant engine to BS6 one.
- Maruti Suzuki C section SUV: It may be bigger than the S-Cross model and will contain more extensive features.
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga: This too will get the BS6 1.5 litre variant engine.
- Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza: It is expected to get the BS6 compliant version with 1.5 litre diesel engine, but at a much later stage.
This update will lead to price hike in these bigger models, but hopefully the hike won’t discourage the car lovers. Let’s welcome the New Year 2020 with the hope of a better and safe environment as The BS6 variants hit the road on 2021.